Part 4: Supporting IT Systems and Applications v2.0
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Business Function/Function Code
- Cross-reference to the Business Function/function code or number from original Function No assigned in Part 1
IT Systems and Applications
- Insert the IT Systems and Applications critical in performing the Business Function here
- Number of staff members needed for the resumption/recovery
- Examples could include:
- Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Publisher)
- Email system
- Shared Folders
- HR Management System
- Specialized Software
- The recovery point objective (RPO) is the age of files that must be recovered from backup storage for normal operations to resume if a computer, system, or network goes down as a result of a hardware, program, or communications failure. In layman terms, it can be defined as how much data you need to recover in the event of a disruption
System Recovery Time Objective
- System Recovery Time Objective refers to the maximum acceptable length of time that can elapse before an IT application needs to be brought back up. It should not exceed the RTO of the Business Function is attached to.
Supporting Special Equipment or Resources
- Supporting Special Equipment or Resources can include additional specialized equipment that helps facilitate and aid in the IT application. An example could include printers and fax machines.
- Any additional comments, remarks, or explanations about the nature of the supporting IT Application are to go into this section.