BCMBoK 5: Plan Development
| CL 2A | CL 3A BCMBoK 5 provides the minimum expectation for a BCM professional in the area of Plan Development.
Body of Knowledge Menu| BoK 1 | BoK 2 | BoK 3 | BoK 4 | BoK 5 | BoK 6 | BoK 7 Certification Menu | BCCP | CMCP | CCCP | DRCP | BCCS | CCCS | CMCS | DRCS | BCCE | CMCE | CCCE | DRCE | BCCA | BCCLA Competency Level Menu | CL 1B | CL 2B | CL 3B | CL 1C | CL 2C | CL 3C | CL 1CC | CL 2CC | CL 3CC | CL 1D | CL 2D | CL 3D
- Put together a choreographed sequence of actions that counteracts or mitigate the effects of the threats or risks identified in the Risk Analysis and Review phase, the critical business function in the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) phase and the BC, CC, CM or DR strategies from the BC strategy phase.
- Create a document that identifies the critical business functions in the organization to re-establishment in the least possible time and lowest cost.
- Provide easy to use business continuity (BC), crisis communication (CC), crisis management (CM) or disaster recovery (DR) plan templates.
- Ensure that the BC, CC, CM or DR plan must be developed by the ultimate user using familiar terms and with references to sources of resources repair or replacement services.
- Ensure that the plan is easy to navigate and be understood by all participants of the recovery.
- Propose recovery team structure, staffing of the recovery teams that includes names of specific staff members.
- Develop and implement procedures to respond and stabilize a situation following an emergency or incident.
- Establish procedures to coordinate with public authorities and external agencies during a disaster.
- Plan and coordinate the management of media during a crisis.
- Design and implement the BC, CC, CM or DR plan.
Related Terms: Plan Development.
- Attend: Classroon: BC Plan Development Courses
- Attend: Classroom: Competency-based BC Plan Development Courses
- Attend: E-Learning: BC Plan Development module
Guidance Notes and Templates
Body of Knowledge 5: Plan Development Definitions