Competency Level (CL)
Certification Menu | BCCP | CMCP | CCCP | DRCP | BCCS | CCCS | CMCS | DRCS | BCCE | CMCE | CCCE | DRCE | BCCA | BCCLA
Competency Level Menu | CL 1B | CL 2B | CL 3B | CL 1C | CL 2C | CL 3C | CL 1CC | CL 2CC | CL 3CC | CL 1D | CL 2D | CL 3D | CL 2A | CL 3A
Body of Knowledge Menu| BoK 1 | BoK 2 | BoK 3 | BoK 4 | BoK 5 | BoK 6 | BoK 7
Competency Building Blocks
The Competency Level (CL) is a set of building blocks for BCM Institute's training and certification requirement. Each subject domain is broken into three distinct levels: Foundation (CL 1), Intermediate (CL 2) and Advanced (CL 3). There breakdown are as follows:
- CL 1B, CL 2A and CL 3A for BCM Audit domain;
- CL 1B, CL 2B and CL 3B for business continuity domain;
- CL 1C, CL 2C and CL 3C for crisis management domain;
- CL 1CC, CL 2CC and CL 3CC for crisis communication domain; and
- CL 1D, CL 2D and CL 3D for disaster recovery domain respectively.
The arrangement of the tiers represents the increasing level of specificity and specialization of the BCM audit (A), business continuity (B), crisis management (C), crisis communication(CC), and disaster recovery (D) skills and knowledge content.
BCM Institute Certification and Competency Level Model
BCM Institute: Detailed Training Program
This content is strictly for participants of the Institute's training program and use only.
Business Continuity Management
Viewing the diagram, the domain of CL_1B:_Foundation_(BC) will be taught in the foundation course (BCM-230: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management Systems Planner course preparing for the BCCP certification exam). This is followed by:
- CL_2B:_Intermediate_(BC) (BCM-300 ISO22301 BCMS Implementer course preparing for the BCCS certification exam) .
- CL_3B:_Advanced_(BC) (BCM-400 ISO22301 BCMS Manager course or BCM-5000 ISO22301 BCMS Expert Implementer preparing for the BCCE certification exam).
Viewing the diagram, the domain of CL_1C:_Foundation_(CM) will be taught in the foundation course (CM-200 Crisis Management Planner course preparing for the CMCP certification exam). This is followed by:
- CL_2C:_Intermediate_(CM) (CM-300 Crisis Management Implementer course preparing for the CMCS certification exam).
- CL_3C:_Advanced_(CM) (CM-400 Crisis Management Manager or CM-5000 Crisis Management Expert Implementer course preparing for the CMCE certification exam).
Viewing the diagram, the domain of CL_1CC:_Foundation_(CC) will be taught in the foundation course (CM-200 Crisis Communication Planner course preparing for the CCCP certification exam). This is followed by:
- CL_2CC:_Intermediate_(CC) (CC-300 Crisis Communication Implementer course preparing for the CCCS certification exam).
- CL_3CC:_Advanced_(CC) (CC-400 Crisis Communication Manger or CC-5000 Crisis Communication Expert Implementer course preparing for the CCCE certification exam).
As for the disaster recovery courses, the domain of:
- CL_1D:_Foundation_(DR) is taught in the DRP-200 IT DRP Planner course preparing for the DRCP certification exam.
- CL_2D:_Intermediate_(DR) is taught in the DRP-300 IT DR Implementer course preparing for the DRCS certification exam.
- CL_3D:_Advanced_(DR) is in DRP-400 IT DRP Manager course or DRP-5000 IT DRP Expert Implementer course course preparing for the DRCE certification exam.
As for the BCM Audit courses, the BCM Body of Knowledge Audit (BCMBoK Audit) domain of:
- CL_2A:_Intermediate_(Audit) is taught in the BCM-8030 ISO22301 BCMS Auditor course or equivalent(preparing for the BCCA certification examination).
- CL_3A:_Advanced_(Audit) is in BCM-8530 ISO22301 BCMS Lead Auditor course or equivalent(preparing for the BCCLA certification examination).