Dr Peck Thian Guan
Dr. Peck Thian Guan is the director for the Office of Safety, Health and Environment at the National University of Singapore. He has the overall responsibility for occupational health, safety and emergency management in the university. As the Crisis and Emergency Director, he established the Crisis and Emergency Management Framework for NUS.
Over the course of his career, he had held important positions in many large corporations such as NOVO Environmental Technology Services, PSB Corporation, Singapore Productivity and Standards Board, Regional Institute of Environmental Technology and Singapore Institute of Standards and Industrial Research.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry) in University of Hull, UK. 1994
- Masters of Science (Chemistry) from National University of Singapore, NUS. 1993
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) from National University of Singapore, NUS 1987
Professional Certification & Achievements
- 2009 Awarded Business Continuity Certified Expert (BCCE), BCM Institute, Singapore
- Recipient of the NUS postgraduate scholarship and the SISIR Postgraduate scholarship.
Groups & Associations
- A council member in the Singapore National Institute of Chemistry, Singapore
- A committee member of the Young Scientist Award Organizing committee
Presentation & Publications
He had many years of experience in conducting conferences, workshops and seminars for professional organizations all over the world. He also had numerous publications to date.
- 1. NUS Alumni profiles, Peck Thian Guan. http://www.science.nus.edu.sg/alumni/profiles/peckthianguan.html
- 2. The MEM Seminar Series 2004/2005. National University of Singappore, NUS, Master of Science, hosted by School of Design and Environment. http://www.sde.nus.edu.sg/MEM/seminars/Seminar210804.htm