Jeremy Wong is the Senior Vice President for BCM Institute and deputizes the President in his absence. He is also the Senior Vice President for consulting firm GMH Continuity Architects and is a senior management staff member responsible for all training and consulting initiatives.
Jeremy is highly experienced in technology and project management; information security management, business process re-engineering, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
Prior to joining BCM Institute and GMH Continuity Architects, Jeremy Wong was the Head of Business Continuity Management for South Asia with Nomura, based in Singapore. He was responsible for planning and implementing BCM, developing policies, frameworks and standards to support BCM functions. Jeremy was also Vice President of Business Continuity Management with United Overseas Bank. He was a managing consultant with GMH Continuity Architects working on business continuity and disaster recovery projects such as the Asia Development Bank and the Stock Exchange of Thailand within the Asia Pacific region. Mr Wong was also a regional IT manager with Bax Global and spent a number of years working at JP Morgan and Anderson Consulting (now known as Accenture). At JP Morgan, he headed the IT Products and Services team in the Corporate Technology Group. He was instrumental in the set up of the Regional Hub Response Center for Asia-Pacific. Mr Wong was also a key member of their Business Continuity Planning team. At Anderson Consulting, he led in several major projects and implementation for property management, logistics and data warehousing solutions.
Jeremy graduated from the National University of Singapore with a degree in Bachelor of Science and a Master of Business Administration at Nanyang Technological University where he was placed on the Dean’s Honour List for outstanding scholastic achievement.
- Awarded Licensed Business Continuity Maturity Model (BCMM®) Assessor, Virtual Corporation, USA
- Awarded Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), DRI International, USA
- Awarded DRI Asia Instructor, Disaster Recovery Institute(DRI) International, USA
- Successfully completed the Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) exam, DRI International, USA
- Awarded Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium ((ISC)2)
- Awarded Certification of Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), USA
- He was involved with the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) as a Standing Committee Member and involved in the following projects:
- Participant in ABS Industry-Wide BCP Exercise Raffles II - 2008
- Security Taskforce - 2007
- Steering Group member for Industry-Wide BCP Exercise Raffles - 2006
- Financial Industry Crisis Coordination Tabletop Exercise - 2005
- Crisis Communication Taskforce – 2005
- Speaker on Influenza Pandemic Panel in BCM Sharing Seminar – 2005
- Member of ABS Contingent to FSA Market-wide Exercise in London – 2005
- He has been an Instructor with BCM Institute Singapore since early 2008 for certification level, BCM-5000 : BCM Best Practices for Advanced Professionals