Being a Project Management breed, with more than 17 years of Project Management expertise (22 years total working experience), he had developed and managed quite a number of projects in various medium/large size organizations. He started out his career as a Systems Engineer supporting a well-known relational database for the Asia-Pacific region, and rose to the position to manage several key national projects, such as Belanjawan (National Budget system) for Ministry of Finance [RM8 million], Malaysian Road Records Information System for Ministry of Finance [1 million], Housing Loan System for Ministry of Finance, Payroll System (PEMA) for Ministry of Defense and many others. He then moved on to Hong Kong to manage several large projects for The Walt Disney Company, including the implementation of Licensing Contracts Receivable System [USD 4 million] and the worldwide implementation of Licensing System (InSight) [USD 20 million].
His other large projects includes the implementation of Collection System for Housing Development Board (HDB, Singapore) [SGD10 million], managing Quality and testing for Singapore Civil Defence Force and Land Transport Authority, Singapore, Customer Services Portal for Digi [4 million], Implementation of national Smart School for Telekom Smart School [RM10.25 million], Unified Communication System, ICT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management [Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation] was among the other successful prestigious projects that he had managed, in addition to several other medium/small size projects. He trains organizations and individuals on Project management excellence, as well as providing consultancy to customers and helping them to manage/rescue their projects, which were based on the vast experience that Mr. Nehru had gathered. Some of his other area of expertise include CMMI consultancy, Software Testing / Quality Management, Document Management.
He is currently the Vice-President, Corporate Technology & Enablement Department; for the Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation Sdn Bhd, whose responsibility includes:
• Data Centre Architecture Setup, security management, Disaster Recovery Management, Enterprise Business Continuity Management, Risk Assessment and management and Crisis Management.
• Leading and directing the organization as a QMR in ISO 9001:2008 and ISO15489 implementation.
• Leading the ICT Dept in supporting the business and Bionexus companies in enhancing business operations enablement via ICT.
• Providing leadership and governance of Procurement, Establishing Procurement Ethics and Guidelines framework
• Provide leadership, Operational support, organizational cost rationalization exercise, Improvement in efficiency, productivity and healthcare of staffs
• Overall leadership in ICT and Support Services through various governance framework implementation: • COBIT / ITIL Governance Framework
• ICT Strategy Plan (3 years) development
• Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
• ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor of Bionexus related processes
Appointment with BCM Institute
Nehru Nagappan is an Instructor with BCM Institute.
• Managing Director and Owner, My!SWAT Corporation Sdn Bhd
• Senior Project Manager, Telekom Smart School Sdn Bhd
• Senior Project Manager, AGENDA Solutions Sdn Bhd
• Senior Project Manager, CSE (Singapore)
• Licensing Systems Manager, The Walt Disney Asia-Pacific (HK)
• Marketing Manager, HT Consulting Group (Asia)
• Senior Systems Engineer, Unify (Asia)
• Masters in Project Management, Southern Pacific University, US
• DRCE, BCMI, 2011
• Certified ISO 9001:2008 Auditor (Moody International)
• Certified Professional Manager (CMP), 2007
• Due Diligence, 2010
Presentations and Publication
• AIMS Forum: “Home or hotel? How to pick the right place when you set-up your Data Center”, Nov 12, 2008
• Numerous presentations to MDEC (and MSC-Status companies) on Project Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, among others.