Part 5: General Considerations v2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Part 5: General Considerations
Sample Plan Content
- Have the implications of the incident been fully established?
- Can the incident be managed effectively by a single manager?
- Does the manager/business have the resources to deal with the situation effectively?
- Is the incident likely to attract media attention?
- Could the incident seriously affect the reputation or liquidity of organisation?
- Will the situation continue and escalate, is the outcome uncertain?
- Is the government and/or other regulatory bodies likely to be involved?
- If the police and other authorities have been consulted is their advice consistent with the initiation of the plan?
Incidents that will Activate the Plan
- Hijack or other terrorist incident involving members of the company
- Crisis that will disrupt business across the group
- Loss of vital premises through fire or natural disaster
- Industrial action that will disrupt the business
- Political or civil unrest.
Immediate Actions by Incident Management Teams
- Take any immediate action required to contain the situation
- Activate the emergency response centre
- Start a diary of events
- Obtain all relevant information
- Decide initial actions and objectives
- Nominate a spokesperson, if necessary, and prepare an initial press statement
- Inform staff of the incident and what they should do next
- Review security arrangements and establish secure communications
- Notify third parties as necessary (police, regulators)