Storage Area Network
|1. A Storage Area Network or SAN is a high speed specialized network that provides access to high performance and highly available storage sub-systems.
Courses: IT DR Certification
- Attend: DRP-200: IT DR Planner leading to DRCP
- Attend: DRP-300: IT DR Implementer leading to DRCS
- Attend: DRP-400: IT DR Manager leading to DRCE
- Attend: DRP-5000: IT expert implementer leading to DRCE
2. Storage Area Network or SAN is a high-speed, special purpose, dedicated network that supports communications between computers and storage servers in support of data-intensive applications such as inventory management, credit and billing management, receivables management, customer relationship management, and supply chain management.
A SAN is much more complex than simple network-attached storage (NAS) and provides application users with much faster access to databases, SANs also provide for centralized management of critical data, including accessibility, security, and backup.
2. In computing, a storage area network (SAN) is an architecture to attach remote computer storage devices (such as disk arrays, tape libraries and optical jukeboxes) to servers in such a way that, to the operating system, the devices appear as locally attached.