BCP Amendments v2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Documentation Control of the Plan Modification
Control of the Plan
- The Business Continuity Plan (BC Plan) should be properly controlled and distributed according to prescribed procedures.
- A BC Plan may contain confidential information, and careful internal controls should be implemented.
- Each copy should be assigned a control number.
- The organization should also maintain a record of all issued copies of the plan.
- This procedure also helps in locating plans when there is an update.
- It is important that the business continuity plan be updated periodically, to reflect changes in the organization.
- To facilitate the update process, a maintenance procedure should be developed and assigned to a particular employee.
- A maintenance form will be useful to record changes as they occur.
- This section discusses the record of plan modifications, revision levels and update or change notices, and identify who has which versions of the plan.
- It is also a good idea to have a log of who has the document and how this document is retrieved when there are personnel changes or when they leave the organization.