Guidance Notes-IT Recovery Strategy
Think of Business Continuity Strategy as:
- A conceptual summary of recovery processes that must be carried out between the occurrence of a disaster and the time when normal operations are restored.
- An alternate processing or interim ability to process data and continue providing critical service while a full recovery of the primary site is underway.
When attempting to design an IT DR strategy, an organisation needs to understand what disaster recovery is and how it differs from a backup strategy.
Data backup is an important component of disaster recovery, but it requires a much broader understanding of how to restore your IT environment should a disaster occur.
Guidance Notes to Complete the IT DR Strategy Template
This is the template for documenting the IT DR Strategy for individual business units.
- Name of Business Unit (BU)
- Input the complete name of the business unit and its acronym.
- Critical Business Function
Content of IT DR Strategy Questionnaires
- Part 0: Cover Sheet
- Part 1: Mitigation Strategies
- Part 2: Recovery Strategies
- Part 3: Minimum Resources Required
Useful Link on related terms: BCMBoK 4: Business Continuity Strategy