Guidance Notes-IT Recovery Strategy
When attempting to design an IT DR strategy, an organisation needs to understand:
- What disaster recovery is? How it differs from a backup strategy?
- What is Data backup? Why is it an important component of disaster recovery?
Only then will the organisation be able to have a broader understanding of how to restore your IT environment should a disaster occur.
Guidance Notes to Complete the IT DR Strategy Template
This is the template for documenting the IT DR Strategy for individual business units.
- Name of Business Unit (BU)
- Input the complete name of the business unit and its acronym.
- Critical Business Function
Content of IT DR Strategy Questionnaires
- Part 0: Cover Sheet
- Part 1: Mitigation Strategies
- Part 2: Recovery Strategies
- Part 3: Minimum Resources Required
Useful Link on related terms: BCMBoK 4: Business Continuity Strategy