Hoo Chuan Wei
Chuan Wei has 22 years of IT experience, assuming various IT management roles in the financial and telecommunication sector regionally; and also serves as an adjunct lecturer with ISS and Temasek Polytechnic.
Currently, Chuan Wei is the CISO for ST Engineering. Previously, he is the Security Information Officer (SIO) for British Telecom Global Services, serving 1 huge financial institution in APAC; providing advisories and consultancy. His financial background includes working in a Japanese bank’s technology arm, UOB and Standard Chartered Bank where he was responsible for the strategic planning and review of IT security initiatives and operation management, as well as performing compliance reviews and support of internal and external audits.
Voluntary Appointment within BCM Institute
Chuan Wei is currently an instructor with BCM Institute.
Other Voluntary Appointments
- Chair of Security Controls Services working group under the ITSC-SPSTC umbrella
- Adjunct Lecturer with ISS
- Adjunct Lecturer with Temasek Polytechnic
- Senior Manager at Shinsei Technology Services
- VP, United Overseas Bank
- Manager (Systems Security), Corporate Security, Nortel Networks
- IT Security and Data Control Manager, Standard Chartered Bank
- Bachelor, Information Technology, University of Southern Queensland