Abbas Ismail the Section Head/Senior Lecturer of Diploma in Aviation Management and Services (AMS), School of Engineering with Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore. Prior to joining the Temasek Polytechnic (TP) AMS team in mid 2007, he was a Manager with Civil Aviation Authority of Singaporedealing with airport operations, management and aviation security. Currently, he has been responsible for designing, coordinating and implementing the AMS academic and student development programmes to ensure relevance, dynamism and continued professionalism in the aviation industry. He lectures Airport Operation & Management, Airport Administration and currently the Section Leader for teaching Business Continuity Management in TP. He is also a programme coordinator and expert instructor for airport related trainings for aviation industry professionals conducted locally or overseas especially in Middle East countries.
Appointment within BCM Institute
Abbas is a Assoicate Instructor for BCM Institute.
Abbas Ismail is very much a hands-on industrial player. He has been in the aviation industry close to two decades working very closely and professionally with Ministry of Transport, aviation players like Singapore Airport Terminal Services (SATS) and various airlines and service providers. His primary responsibilities included working in committees which were involved in Crisis Management, Emergency Planning and Exercise, Aviation Security Planning & Audit and Fire Safety Management.
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Political Science and Malay Language, National University of Singapore
- 2010 Awarded Business Continuity Certified Lead Auditor (BCCLA), BCM Institute, Singapore
- 2009 Awarded Business Continuity Certified Expert (BCCE), BCM Institute, Singapore
- 2008 Awarded Teaching In Higher Education Certificate, Singapore
- 2007 Awarded Business Continuity Certified Planner (BCCP), BCM Institute, Singapore