Business Unit Recovery Procedures
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The procedures are essentially a step-by-step drilling down of the business unit recovery processes. In this document, you should be answering 4 main questions:
- WHAT function to be carried out? (Function Number and Name of critical business functions)
- What specific steps will you undertake based on your recovery processes which have been identified earlier?
- What work will you process?
- Will you have a cut off point on the value of the transaction?
- What are you not going to process?
- You need to define the tasks step by step.
- WHO? Team Members
- Who will be performing the tasks?
- Note: Do not assign any tasks to an external person as this plan is strictly within your business unit.
- If needed, design the task to read “Liaise with Admin” or “Arrange with IT”
- Do not assign a team to the task – there should only be a person and an alternate assigned
- Example: Within T+24 hours ( RECOVERY) and After T+24 hours ( RESUMPTION)
- When will the tasks be performed?
- Think in terms of (T + X) hours, where T is the time that the BC plan is activated.
- Apply the 2 time periods in the recovery process: from (T) to (T + 24) hrs, and beyond (T + 24) hrs.
- If needed, you may insert (T) to (T + 2) and (T + 2) to (T + 8)
- HOW? (The action steps need to be elaborated here)
- How will you process the work?
- How do you coordinate with the other business unit(s) that you work with?
- Define the flow and spell out what actions are needed in the liaison.
- Guidance Note from GMH:
- Do try to answer all these questions.
- Assume that you will not be the person who has to invoke the plan and make the procedures sufficiently clear such that if need be, any senior staff from your business unit can execute the plan.