Jeremy is in charge of all Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity businesses of GN::DC (Genesis Networks Data Centre). In his 13 years of service, he has established operational procedures to ensure proper and timely delivery of subscribed services to customers. His passion, focus and vision led IDA to award the BC/DR bulk tender to Genesis Networks (under IDA (T)-352) in 2004. The company has been delivering BC/DR services for to various government ministries and agencies using various servers and storage infrastructures across multiple platforms such as Windows, IBM AIX, LINUX, Solaris, UX and virtualization technologies such as VMWare vSphere and Microsoft HyperV.
Jeremy sets high expectations for his team to meet strict SLAs of clienteles. As the last line of defence, all 3 elements of People, Process and Technology of GN::DC are regularly exercised and audited, ready to carry out emergency IT recovery duties. Vigilance and discipline can generally describe his character and thoughts.
An engineer by training, a consultant by profession and head of GN::DC BU, Jeremy is multi-faceted, hands-on, resourceful and capable in different ways to solve problems quickly. He has focused on computer networks and systems engineering throughout his 26 years IT career, branching out to briefly into telecommunications and data security.
His knowledge and relevant experience put him as a well-tested candidate to value-add to this proposal. He was involved in the delivery of security access control services for IMF World Bank Meeting in 2006, 13th ASEAN Summit in 2007, ASEAN Ministerial Meeting in 2008 and APEC 2009 Ministerial Meetings. He was also the design architect and project director of access control system for IISS Shangri-La Dialogue Regional Defence Ministers Meeting in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 for SPF. Such projects call for discipline, situational thinking and adherence to national security operational protocols.
Voluntary Appointment within BCM Institute
In April 2008, Jeremy was part of a team of exercise controllers from BCMI involved in a major pandemic response simulation exercise for a government organization. Responses of representatives from all departments were tested using broadcasted scenario injects and observed by exercise controllers. Gaps identified helped in establishing new SOP or improvements to existing procedures.
Jeremy is also an associate trainer for BCMI DRP 5000 course.
- Jeremy Tay is currently the Head of Data Centre Business Unit GN::DC driving BC/DR, Cloud and Consulting Services for Genesis Network
- His previous designations include: Sales Manager for ST Telemedia, Sales Manager for Keppel T&T, Account Manager for Asian Computer Services Pte Ltd and Senior Systems Engineer for Open Technology Pte Ltd
Education / Qualifications
- 1993, Bachelor of Computing (Applied Science) - Monash University, Australia
- 1990, Ngee Ann Diploma in Computer Studies, British Technical Education Council Higher Diploma in Computer Studies, BCS Part 1
Professional Certification and Achievements
- Disaster Recovery Certified Expert
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Novell Engineer
Groups and Associations
- SIM Information Technology Interest Group
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) - Certified First-Aider
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker : IDA (T) 352 Event for Government 23 Nov 2004, Singapore
A Prelude to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for Government Organisations; Expect the Unexpected.
- Speaker : Records Retention and Risk Management Seminar 9 Sep 2005, Singapore
Completing your Business Continuity Strategy
- Speaker : Bird Flu Seminar 24 May 2006, Singapore
Helping your business survive the unexpected shutdown
- Speaker and Panelist : Tech Seminar by Crown Worldwide 13 Oct 2006, Singapore
BCP from an IT Perspective
- Speaker : World Continuity Congress 2007 17 Dec 2007, Singapore
Practicing Business Continuity – RELOADED!
- Speaker : IBM Desktop Virtualisation and BC Seminar 10 Nov 2010, Singapore
Disaster Recovery : Changing Services Landscape
- Speaker and Panelist at BC and DR Seminar, Cambodia 3 Feb 2011, Phnom Penh
An Introduction to BCP and DRP
- Speaker : Joint Seminar EMC, Cisco, APC, Genesis, VMWare 26 May 2011
Without BCP is Failing to Protect Your Business
- Speaker : Journey to the Cloud 10 Oct 2012
GenCloud : A New Approach to Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Speaker : TechServe: Surf Upon The Next TechWave 30 Apr 2013, Singapore
How long can your business survive in the face of a major disaster?
- Speaker : Beyond Server Consolidation Workshop 20 Nov 2014, Singapore
People, Process, Technology in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery