PD Writing Tips v2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tips When Writing BC Plan and Procedures
- Use Short, Direct Sentences, and Keep Them Simple
- Minimize the use of long sentences as they may confuse the readers.
- Use a New Heading to Start a Topic
- Begin each topic with a new heading.
- Use Short Paragraphs
- Break long paragraphs into smaller blocks to assist comprehension.
- Present One Idea at a Time
- Do not place multiple thoughts or tasks into one sentence.
- Use Active Voice Verbs in Present Tense
- Avoid passive voice sentences as they can be lengthy and may be misinterpreted.
- Start With a Verb
- Useful Verbs
- To have procedures with perfect grammatical sentences can be excessively wordy.
- Avoid Jargon or Acronym
- Explain any jargon or acronym used whenever it first appears in the document.
- Use Position Titles or People’s Name
- Use position titles instead of personal names of individuals to reduce maintenance and revision requirements.