Part 2: Impact Area Of Business Functions v2.0
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Part 2: Impact Area Of Business Functions
- 2 Business Function and Function Code (Col 2 & 3)
- 3 Impact Area (Col 4)
- 4 Financial Impact (Col 5 & 6)
- 5 Legal and Regulatory (Col 7 & 8)
Part 2: Impact Area Of Business Functions
Business Function and Function Code (Col 2 & 3)
- Cross-reference to the Business Function/function code or number from original Function No assigned in Part 1
Impact Area (Col 4)
When the business function is not available, will it result in a Hard (H)/ Soft (S) impact to the organisation?
- Hard Impact: Direct Financial Impact.
- Soft Impact: Indirect Financial Impact and Non-Financial Impact.
Financial Impact (Col 5 & 6)
Monetary Loss (Estimated) (Col 5)
- Total ($) Impact:
- Calculate the total financial impact on your business unit if you did not carry out this business function for X calendar days.
- How Impact is Quantified:
- Describe how this financial figure is made up, focusing on the most significant items.
- There could be contractual penalties, interest claims, missed business opportunities and loss of commission, expressed as a formula.
- The amount from the direct financial impact in a local currency, for a period of X days.
- Please state time period if it is less than X days as some business functions will cease to operate within one or two days after the disaster because there are no new transactions.
- How is the hard impact quantified?
- Provide the workings or basis for computing the amount of loss.
- For example, $20,000 received per day multiplied by 2% interest payment for an overdraft, multiply by X days of the outage.
Calculation of Monetary Loss (State Formula for Calculations) (Col 6)
Legal and Regulatory (Col 7 & 8)
Objectives (Col 7)
- State the business objectives affected by the non-performance of the business function.
Impact (Col 8)
- Describe the impact of not achieving business objective