Part 3: Minimum Resources Required DR
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Part 3: Minimum Resources Required
Business Function (Col 2)
- Name of business function. Refer to the BIA questionaire for the original Business functions to be used in the Recovery Strategy section.
- State a name or identifier (of up to 3 words).
- Note (1): Usually, the number of business functions should average around 5 functions and should not be expected to exceed 15. “Nice to have”/”convenient business functions” should be omitted during the final submission in the Business Continuity Strategy phase. Minor business functions that could be accurately grouped into a single bigger function are strongly encouraged.
Recovery Location (Col 3)
- Recovery Location refers to the alternate site/place where staff will go to during the event of a workplace disruption. Some examples include:
- Alternate Office
- Customer Site
- Supplier Site
- If applicable, staff from the same department can go to multiple recovery locations. For example, 2 staff can return home to resume work, while another 2 may be needed at the alternate office
Minimum Resources Required per function for recovery (Col 4 to 7)
The Minimum resources Required is divided into 4 different categories of resources
- Staff (Col 4)
- Seats (Defined here as a work desk and a chair) (Col 5)
- Phones (Defined here as a landline phone) (Col 6)
- Laptops/Computers (Defined here as a working desktop computer and/or laptop independent of the one staff already have with them) (Col 7)
Others (Col 8)
State any additional equipment each function needs in this column