Wayne Weng is currently the BCM Manager for OCBC bank and was the Senior Consultant for GMH Continuity Architects. Presently, he is responsible for business continuity management implementation for organizations within the biomedical industry and the financial sector.
Voluntary Appointment within BCM Institute
- Wayne is serving as an instructor for the BCM Institute.
- Wayne is highly experienced in business continuity planning disaster recovery, and risk and control operations.
- Prior to joining GMH, Wayne was with Barclays Global Retail Banking overseeing the BCM for the Global Delivery and Technology Services Singapore and Shanghai sites. As part of the Control and Compliance group, his area of responsibility included Business Continuity Management, Logical Access Management and Risk and Control Assessments. During his stay, he had created the GDTS Pandemic Response process during the H1N1 Flu Pandemic outbreak and chairs the regular BCM working group meetings and is part of the BCM Steering Committee
- Wayne was awarded a Local Study Award scholarship from the Ministry of Defence. Upon completion of his scholarship, Wayne continued to serve in the Ministry of Defence in various capacities focusing on the area of construction capability development. Beside his primary responsibilities, Wayne was shortlisted for the Afghanistan Engineer Construction Team and had facilitated training exercises with the Australian Armed Forces.
- Wayne graduated from the National University of Singapore with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
Professional Certification and Awards
- Awarded Business Continuity Certified Expert (BCCE), BCM Institute, Singapore, 2008
- Awarded ITIL V3 Foundation, 2010
- 1st Barclays Instant Star Award winner, 2009
- Passed the Certified Information Systems Auditor CISA exam, 2009