BCP Detailed procedures v2
Part B: Detailed Business Continuity Plan Procedures
Part B of this plan sets out the sequential procedures to be undertaken upon activation for the entire organization.
- In the event of a disaster, each Business Unit (BU) BCM Coordinator is to refer to Part B and follow through with the procedures that he or she is responsible for.
Time Period for 6 "Rs"
Part B is divided into the following time period of the business continuity life cycle. The time period where each “R” is implemented is as follows:
- Reduce - the period of time before the disaster.
- Response - the hours and days immediately following the disaster.
- Recover - the period from the occurrence of the disaster until temporary operations or alternative processing are executed.
- Resume - the time whereby business functions and operations are resumed at alternate site.
- Restore - the restoration of non-critical functions and damaged infrastructures.
- Return - the time when operations return to normal.