Jump to navigation Jump to search
Testing and Exercising Considerations
- The sample plan provides examples of how to write a complete testing plan for the business continuity plan.
- Testing & Exercising should be conducted during peak and non-peak periods. This includes both unannounced and announced tests.
- The plan should follow a logical and gradual progression of test stage, also known as BC Testing Cycle. This includes testing from the minor components to the full simulation.
- These procedures should include methods for maintaining and updating the plan.
- Some sections of the sample plan are written as examples that the organization can use in a plan, others are instructional.
- The instructional sections provide information that should be considered when writing the specific segment.
- This template provides only a sample of a complete business continuity plan.
Content of Testing and Exercising
- Design Profile (Master)
- Design Profile for Notification Test (Sample)
- Design Profile for Walkthrough Test (Sample)
- Overall Test Schedule for Organization (Sample)
Courses: BCM Certification
- Attend: BCM-200: ISO22301 BCMS Planner leading to BCCP
- Attend: BCM-300: ISO22301 BCMS Implementer leading to BCCS
- Attend: BCM-400: ISO22301 BCMS Manager leading to BCCE
- Attend: BCM-5000: ISO22301 BCMS Expert Implementer leading to BCCE
Guidance Notes and Templates
Useful Link on related terms: BCMBoK_6:_Testing_and_Exercising