Part 1: List of Threats CRA1 v2
Crisis Management/ Crisis Communication
It is essential that the appointed Crisis Management Team/ Crisis Communication Team Coordinator be working with the Organization BCM Coordinator to determine the threats. The threat from "Natural" and "Technology" are often referred to as "disaster". While the rest of the crises are referred to as "Crisis Scenarios as shown in CRA 1-2: List of Crisis Scenario.
CRA 1-1: List of Threats
Natural and man-made threats can cause disruption to an organisation’s operations or services. Refer to Sample List of Threats for a comprehensive list of the threats compiled based on this region’s geographical threat profiling. Review, amend and select the threats that have an adverse effect on both the country and the organisation.
This list serves as a set of possible threats that could occur to an organization. It is intended to be used by the various disciplines, starting with business continuity, crisis management, crisis communication and disaster recovery.
Remember to use the Guidance Notes in BCMPedia to source for any other threats. Click to view a comprehensive List of Threats.
This is a list of possible threats to an organization. The threats can be divided into two major categories: "Natural" and "Technology".
- Flash Flood
- Fog/ Haze
- Heat Wave
- Tropical storm
- Weather front
- Water Spout
- Wind Storm
- Fire Storm
A technology crisis arises as a result of a failure in technology and can include a breakdown in machinery, corrupted software, or events that give rise to the technological crisis. Technological threats include but are not limited to:
- Equipment Failure
- IT failure
- Hardware Failure
- Machinery Breakdown
CRA 1-2: List of Crisis Scenarios
- Click to find out more about the Types of Crisis Scenarios which will be discussed in CRA 1-2 of the template
- Note that this is a complete list of crisis scenarios displayed into 7 categories.
- The first two categories of the list of crisis scenarios (CRA 1-2) is an extraction from the "List of Threats" (CRA 1-1)
Instruction to BL-CM or BL-CC Participant
The section is for participants attending the BL-CM or CC Module 2 Session 1 facilitated workshop, this is the additional instruction to complete your Crisis Risk Assessment assignment.
Remember that you are expected to complete and submit the threats (via document downloaded) by keeping those threats that have occurred in your country (C) and Organisation (O).
- On the same page, you are to complete and submit those threats that arise in your organisation but may not have occurred in your country.
- For those in your country and not in your organisation, please strike out or delete them from the table.
- Do not hesitate to add any new threats that are in the table provided.