Yong Foo Onn
Yong Foo Onn is the Vice President for Business Continuity Management, Asia Pacific, Wealth Management for UBS. He has extensive experienced in the area of Technology Management, Business Continuity Planning & Crisis Management Planning.
Voluntary Appointment within BCM Institute
He constantly works with all levels of the organisation from the Executives for initial buy in through to the Business Heads and Technical teams for Technology & BCP budgets & strategies. He is well verse with all aspects of the Business Continuity Programme including business impact and risk analysis, implementation, documentation, maintenance, testing, emergency response and crisis management.
He was the Vice President with Merrill Lynch and work in BCM as Regional Manager and later responsible for the CAO ( Chief Administration Office ) & Financial Management function for Merrill Lynch Pacific Rim covering Technology Business Administration, Governance, Resource & Financial Management.
Prior to joining Merrill Lynch, he was the Consulting Manager responsible for Business Continuity services at CRC ( Computer Recovery Centre - one of the leading BCP providers ) in Malaysia specialising in financial, stock broking and insurance industry. He was also formally a BCP Consultant with ST Computers in Singapore where he was responsible for consultancy services in disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- 1985 Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia
- 2002 IT Service Management, EXIN
- 1997 Certified Trainer CBCP, Disaster Recovery Institute International
- 1996 Certified Business Continuity Planner CBCP, Disaster Recovery Institute International
- 1989 Certificate in Application Programming in TPF, Hyperion, Holland